Tomcat

Mil-Sim in Ukraine

During my chats with work colleague "Jasmine" I was amazed to learn about the scale of the games her group plays near Kiev.

A few ideas that I remember:

-24 hours games

-100-150 players, 2 set sides and teams

-100 square kilometers forest with some buildings

-one life only, then you go home. Hits to the arms/legs are to be acted accordingly - limping, you don't use the arm anymore, etc.

-Standard (2 x real ammo capacity) /real cap magazines only

-objectives to be accomplished, discussed in the weeks between the matches

-obviously hours and hours of patrol with no contact, with intense firefights when combat occurs

A Milsimer dream, apparently. In other words, I am ashamed we play crap skirmishes while others play this kind of games EVERY 2 WEEKS.

Jasmine, if you can share more info/scenarios/insights, it would help us a lot

Please use English here or Jasmine won't understand

wow :o

i would love to play a match like that

its quite drastic to have only one life and go home ... milsim all the way!

OMFG...................

We are so childish... like kids playing in the backyard....

Thumbs up for you guys... and keep up the very good work.

L.E. I don't have words to express my anger that we are not mentally prepared to play such games....

Edited by Guest

Congratulations on a well thought idea. "One-Life" is not that drastic, considering that in real life you don't have a Reset or Load button. I like the limping idea a lot ,but not everyone will roleplay that much. Keep up the good work!

OMFG...................

L.E. I don't have words to express my angry, that we are not mentally prepared to play such games....

Totaly agree with you!

Reminds me of the times we played airsoft in the woods behind my friend's house. We could sometimes wander around for hours and not encounter the enemy team.

Reminds me of the times we played airsoft in the woods behind my friend's house. We could sometimes wander around for hours and not encounter the enemy team.

Was there any enemy team or just you guys pretending?

We all could probably play Airsoft at this level when we accept it as a game...from what I understand of reading other posts, we tend to take it personal. Airsoft is a game, it's a game where you "die", where you form friendships, where you have to put aside your differences. We still fight over a 10 m shot....

I think the problem is more simple not every airsoft player likes to play milsim at this level. Is not because we act as kids or because we have angry issues, some ppl just love to spray shit load of bbs and make "frags".

You want to see if we have the bone for a real milsim lets make a pole how many of us are ready to play with real cap or wonder with a compass in woods for hours without seeing 1 single hostile.

In Ukraine there are also a lot of people, who "just love to spray shit load of bbs and make "frags"".

They just play their own games by ordinary rules (many lives, etc). Usually we have 2-3 games in different places around Kiev in one weekend..

And when we just have been starting our project there were about 7-15 players on each side

Was there any enemy team or just you guys pretending?

Well, there were OPFOR teams usually comprised of 1 or two people, depending on how many people were playing which usually didn't amount to many as airsoft wasn't as popular in my area back in those days. We usually played renditions of "hunt the sniper," which would essentially be me with a Dragunov and a ghillie suit being pursued by a team of maybe 5 or six angry guys. This game was especially thrilling in the winter when there was less vegetation and one would have to rely upon a superior ghillie suit to conceal himself rather than stand behind a bush.

Oh, how I miss my days of sniping...

Oh God ... if this is how airsoft is going to be I might as well quit now !!!

I understand that we want the games to be more real BUT we love the mil-sim so much ?

I mean think about it ... you drive 2-3 hours only to get out of the car, equip, shoot 2-3 BB's and then get shot, unequip and go home ? Come on !!

Real war is not fun !! That means games that simulate real war are not fun either !!

Again ... do you all think is fun waiting at least 2-3 hours without seeing anyone ?

Do you all think is fun walking a forest three times the size of Bucharest ?!?

Personally, I think having one life sucks, but being hit in an arm and pretend you are bleeding or "limping" and not using that limb is a great ideea and should be used everytime we play !

I like very much the ideea of having only real/low-caps ... but why spend the same amount of money on 30 BB's when you can have 105 BB's. My point is that high/mid-caps should be more expensive than low/real-caps. That would make the low/real-caps MORE accesible for anyone !

Now it is exactly opposite ! The guns should be equipped with real-caps by the factory !

Me, being a citizen with a small income, I consider almost all guns and ALL the magazines incredibly expensive ! I mean, airsoft is just a game, do you want to spend half of monthly wages on airsoft guns and upgrades and equipment ? I don't !! A game should be fun ... not a MONEY EATING source !! Airsoft is not a way of living, is simply a game, and I don't think that airsoft deserves great amounts of money, the money should go on things that make you live better ! If some men that have huge wages can spend money on airsoft do not make us all the rest to spend money on expensive real-cap magazines and high-tech equipment just to die in the first 10 minutes !!

Again , this is supposed to be a game. With elements that make it fun to play. If we tend to make this game a real WAR simulation than I think there wouldn't be so many players like now !

I am sorry for any spelling mistake I have made and I am truly sorry for saying what I think

Airsoft is about Mil-Sim.

If you just like to shoot people with "things" and this is what you call "fun" you are more than free to do that with paintball "guns".

Oh God ... if this is how airsoft is going to be I might as well quit now !!!

I understand that we want the games to be more real BUT we love the mil-sim so much ?

I mean think about it ... you drive 2-3 hours only to get out of the car, equip, shoot 2-3 BB's and then get shot, unequip and go home ? Come on !!

Real war is not fun !! That means games that simulate real war are not fun either !!

Again ... do you all think is fun waiting at least 2-3 hours without seeing anyone ?

Do you all think is fun walking a forest three times the size of Bucharest ?!?

Personally, I think having one life sucks, but being hit in an arm and pretend you are bleeding or "limping" and not using that limb is a great ideea and should be used everytime we play !

I like very much the ideea of having only real/low-caps ... but why spend the same amount of money on 30 BB's when you can have 105 BB's. My point is that high/mid-caps should be more expensive than low/real-caps. That would make the low/real-caps MORE accesible for anyone !

Now it is exactly opposite ! The guns should be equipped with real-caps by the factory !

Me, being a citizen with a small income, I consider almost all guns and ALL the magazines incredibly expensive ! I mean, airsoft is just a game, do you want to spend half of monthly wages on airsoft guns and upgrades and equipment ? I don't !! A game should be fun ... not a MONEY EATING source !! Airsoft is not a way of living, is simply a game, and I don't think that airsoft deserves great amounts of money, the money should go on things that make you live better ! If some men that have huge wages can spend money on airsoft do not make us all the rest to spend money on expensive real-cap magazines and high-tech equipment just to die in the first 10 minutes !!

Again , this is supposed to be a game. With elements that make it fun to play. If we tend to make this game a real WAR simulation than I think there wouldn't be so many players like now !

I am sorry for any spelling mistake I have made and I am truly sorry for saying what I think

Dude, if you're not interested in Mil-Sim, there is no reason to take part in it. Its a free world, and everyone finds his place and the style of Airsoft that he likes.

Please don't ruin this thread, there's plenty of forum space to look for other, more action oriented airsoft. The kind we play each sunday, after all.

You have to give him some credit...not everybody likes the "one-hit go home" idea, although this is what Mil-Sim is all about. I like the idea of patrolling through the forest and aiming at every noise you hear.

Ok man, i'm sorry if I "ruined" your thread. My intention wasn't that ! I simply told what I had in mind...

I really didn't knew that airsoft is ALL about mil-sim. I thought is one game with many guys and even more weapons .. and we make simple scenarios and play. But apparently is not that.

You are right ... I made that post only to tell how much I hate some parts of Military Simulation ! ... sorry 'bout that.

But the price thing still remains .. you CAN'T make everyone to buy expensive real-cap mags because the game is all about that !

And the Airsoft Community will lose players if this continues !

I AM SORRY AGAIN FOR EXPRESSING MY OPINION BUT THE FORUMS ARE MADE FOR THAT !!!

This is the last thing I am saying.

Please don't ruin this thread, there's plenty of forum space to look for other, more action oriented airsoft. The kind we play each sunday, after all.

@ Grievous: I think you got it all wrong dude. We don't by any means stop people from expressing themselves, but when expressing yourself means you stepped over the line concerning other people's right to talk freely about what they wish, they do just what is normal, point it out.

This is a thread for the Mil-Sim fans, by fans i think we all mean people that like it, so please let us talk about what we like. I guess we already thought about what you point as problems with Mil-Sim, and guess what, despite those, we still like it.

BTW, IMHO, don't you think that respawning repeatedly makes airsoft very similar to computer games?

@ Grievous Dude...nobody is making you buy real cap's, it's your choice. In most Mil-Sim you can play with standard's too (68 bb's for my AK). Even high-cap mag's for SAW,Gatling Guns and stuff..

i don't like this style. too much realism, this is war training not airsoft.

I want to see video & photos from an event such this.

I want to meet people who got shot after 5 mins of playing (or at first encounter) and they left home.

airsoft guns are not real guns.

so airsoft game cannot be like real war.

that's why is mil-sim

sim as much as you want or can.

play attack and defense (teamdeathmach) w/out respown if you dont like respowning.

the thing w/ limping is partialy good, but i can't belive it, this is encouraging too much "semi-imortals".

this can be played if my daily job is airsoft. not like now when i'm waiting all stinking fucking week to play airsoft in weekend.

L.E. : I use 2x50 and 5x90 cap magazines, I dont like the weel . I would gladly use just 50 ones, but they were out of stock . This is a good thing, but not everyone can start w/ them.

Sorry for my english

Edited by Guest