ASR Forum

www.airsoftromania.com
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:54 pm
progear.ro

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mil-Sim in Ukraine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 pm 
Necrutatorul

Grievous, it's not very likely to make everyone to play mil-sim (they would all have to agree upon it, and them agreeing would mean they're not forced :P)
Some events do follow these rules though, and usually mil-sim fans crave for info about them. That's why Tomcat provided that info.
On the other hand, ammo limitations, limited respawns, make the people more aware, imo. Usually knowing that if you get shot you won't be able to join the team again pretty soon makes you more 'willing' to avoid enemy fire at all cost.
Which means you have to resort to tactics, clever maneuvering, communication with your team, all in all using the best out of the gear you just spent your cash on. Imo that contributes to the overall quality of the game itself.
Instead of having a player just barge in and shoot as many as possible (knowing he'll be back in 2-5-10 minutes) he will probably be forced to resort to a grenade, some clever tricks, or some other tactics than kamikaze attacks.
This is probably why mil-sim has fans. Besides, nobody says you go there, take a bb and in 30 mins you go home. If you read the first post, the game is played on a very large area, that makes a lot of otherwise useless things, now suddenly very practical. Like patrolling, using a map, maybe setting up a tent, guarding in shifts, things that you may find useful later when you're going hiking with a backpack.
Honest to god i don't like the idea of being out of the game in a few minutes, but if I played in such an event I would probably watch my ass better than in a regular one.
And no, this is not war training, war training is what the army regulars do, when they have no ongoing operations in a war zone. We're still playing. It's like Battlefield 2 versus cs_deagle if you get my point. Some of us get more out of airsoft if they use their heads more than their fingers/eyes. It's all down to personal taste, which is.. personal :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 pm 
Alcoolic Anonim

I don`t think tomcat start this thread to create a debate about milsim or not to milsim, personally i will play any time a mil sim like they play in Kiev versus skirmishes we play Sunday by Sunday. Is my call and ppl should respect this as I respect there opinion about airsoft no one is force any one to play 1 death only or real caps.

Is a big difference between a constructive opinion and a flame post. I don`t understand if you don`t like something and you are not force to do it, why we feel that is our duty to create negative opinions about that thing ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm 
Grasulas wrote:
I don`t think tomcat start this thread to create a debate about milsim or not to milsim, personally i will play any time a mil sim like they play in Kiev versus skirmishes we play Sunday by Sunday. Is my call and ppl should respect this as I respect there opinion about airsoft no one is force any one to play 1 death only or real caps.

Is a big difference between a constructive opinion and a flame post. I don`t understand if you don`t like something and you are not force to do it, why we feel that is our duty to create negative opinions about that thing ?

Man, MAN ... you all got it wrong !

My only fear is that everyone likes mil-sim airsoft and nobody is going to play non milsim airsoft again !!!
Essentially my biggest fear is that everyone plays Mil-Sim and I (who don't like Mil-Sim) can't play normal non milsim airsoft and i'll be forced to play Mil-Sim because everyone plays it !!!
I know it's very confusing what I said but try to understand it :lol:

So, if in the future, Mil-Sim Airsoft and Normal Non Milsim Airsoft will be played I am more than happy. I mean there should be Mil-Sim Teams and NON Milsim Teams, and every team battles another team with the same style of airsoft. And I, as an individual, can choose what team to join, according to their style of Airsoft !

So if Airsoft is going to be like that I am more than happy and i'll shut the .... up ! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:04 pm 
Urs neprietenos

I don't think you have anything to fear ;) dig a little bit on the forum and you'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:42 am 

@Grievous: Since when are locaps expensive?

Let it be known, I am for Milsim, however, harsh rules pertaining to respawn will discourage many players, especially those new to the hobby. Also, it could encourage cheating on part of those who are after more game than just getting fragged in 3 minutes and then being dismissed.

Friendly fire expert, Bloody BB, Last Man Standing, Quartermaster, Weaponsmith, Tactical Reloader, Drill Sergeant (Bongwater), Rock with your Glock, Chairsofter, Epic Teamkill (Pipera 2006), Mule, Phone addict, 1 of 300- Op. Sange pt Petrol

Build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a night, set him on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm 

mardale wrote:
Grievous, it's not very likely to make everyone to play mil-sim (they would all have to agree upon it, and them agreeing would mean they're not forced :P)
Some events do follow these rules though, and usually mil-sim fans crave for info about them. That's why Tomcat provided that info.
On the other hand, ammo limitations, limited respawns, make the people more aware, imo. Usually knowing that if you get shot you won't be able to join the team again pretty soon makes you more 'willing' to avoid enemy fire at all cost.
Which means you have to resort to tactics, clever maneuvering, communication with your team, all in all using the best out of the gear you just spent your cash on. Imo that contributes to the overall quality of the game itself.
Instead of having a player just barge in and shoot as many as possible (knowing he'll be back in 2-5-10 minutes) he will probably be forced to resort to a grenade, some clever tricks, or some other tactics than kamikaze attacks.
This is probably why mil-sim has fans. Besides, nobody says you go there, take a bb and in 30 mins you go home. If you read the first post, the game is played on a very large area, that makes a lot of otherwise useless things, now suddenly very practical. Like patrolling, using a map, maybe setting up a tent, guarding in shifts, things that you may find useful later when you're going hiking with a backpack.
Honest to god i don't like the idea of being out of the game in a few minutes, but if I played in such an event I would probably watch my ass better than in a regular one.
And no, this is not war training, war training is what the army regulars do, when they have no ongoing operations in a war zone. We're still playing. It's like Battlefield 2 versus cs_deagle if you get my point. Some of us get more out of airsoft if they use their heads more than their fingers/eyes. It's all down to personal taste, which is.. personal :)

Yea.. You've got it man!
We have 2 opposing sides and they starting game from different places kilometers away from each other and in different time. So to get shot in first 5 minutes you've got to shoot yourself! :roll: 'Couse it needs a lot of time to find enemy first.
And we having fun trying to outwit our enemies, using ambushes and diversions, patroling forest at night..
Yea, you have to walk a lot, carring all you'll need during the game (about 24 hours) with you, sometimes run, sometimes crawl, sometimes it's raining.. :) But that worth it! It maks those games something more realistic, more exciting, than shooting everything you see in 30 minutes missions.

Videos from one Mil-Sim game on a military base near Lvov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-9d_LlAquw
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=ioD2XqzjSmg

Photoes - here.. http://fotokartka.com/index.php?x=brows ... &pagenum=1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:26 am 

Great game...as far as I can tell :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:27 am 
A.S.T.B.

I'll play like they do in Kiev every single day of my life. Perfect at least!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 pm 

"daca-i one shot - go home" nu apucam sa jucam de prea multe ori :lol: daca suntem impuscati ... desigur :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 pm 
Necrutatorul

..inca unul care nu-si bate capul sa inteleaga rostul cuvintelor "tactici, echipe, se joaca pe zeci de km patrati" etc. :roll:
wtf dudes, read/think before posting!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 pm 
.vorba lui tex...mor ca la noi n se poate aplica genul asta de milsim

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm 
Urs neprietenos

And the winner is ...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:40 pm 
WTF 360

8)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:39 am 
AA Team

Tomcat wrote:
And the winner is ...

me :d
For ever and ever.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2&p=184125#p184125

PS: V-am spart la buci!

"Numai oamenii complexati ca au penisul prea mic se iau la cearta cu toata lumea pe forumuri."

"Grammer Nazism is the last refuge of the inconpetent."

Disclaimer: Orice postez reprezinta opinie proprie si personala nu reprezinta convingerile, politica sau interesele echipei AA, sau oricarei alte organizatii din care fac sau nu parte.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 am 
Urs neprietenos

WTF.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

airsoftmechanix.ro